Yummy !

Friday, August 6, 2010

Advertures in Baking Continue......

OOOHHHHH, I am sooo excited!!!! I can't wait to share!!! So, I went to the mall to drop off some paperwork to dear hubby while he was at work & saw a little coffee shop in there that sells pastries, so of course, being me I stopped by. Well, I looked at his yummy snacks & noticed he had black & whites (AKA half moon's). Well, I totally fell in love with them back in NY. they are like cupcake cookies? sort of  cupcake version of a muffin top. soft, yummy delish!!! I can never get the consistancy right and they are too runny and I always wondered if maybe they used a special baking tray for them or something. Well, I got to talking with the guy who own's the place and we talked about the cookies, & new york, & my latest baking obsession and he GAVE ME HIS RECIPE!!!!!!  I was floored when he offered it to me. he told me how he made them, the little "extra" secret ingredient he used and the importance of real butter & removing them immediatly to cool so they dont overcook. He was sooo nice we chatted for a while and it ends up karl found me there,lol. anyways, I cant make them till we get thru all these cupcake so it might be a week or 2 since I have to make a cake as well for class. I am going to be working on the cherries today though. Since they take a good week or 2 to get to "optimum delish-ness" I can surely work on those today, also since I am going to be making chocolate to dip them in I am gonna make "extra" so I have enough to cover a batch of sponge candy. So, plan of action for today, clean my room, make sponge candy, while its cooling make fondant for cherries & wrap cherries, let them cool & then make the chocolate & cover the cherries first , then break up the candy & dip in chocolate. all the candy & chocolate making is gonna take a few hours easily so the cleaning the room is gonna be now and i'll leave the candy making for later after the kids are quieting down & getting ready for bed. I have been up till 2-3 am on average lately, god help me I dont know why! but it's just quiet and peaceful in the house, no one is up and around and it's my relax time. I really enjoy it. Ohhh, did I mention I have some cute chocolate molds so I can make some other cute things for my cookies, cupcakes, etc. I will post pics off all the creations next week after I have it all done & decorated. this weekend is family time!!! I get to pick up the boys at raleigh saturday morning, then we r gonna make some spinach lasagna for dinner, and just catch up on the summer. hit the pool of couse & just enjoy each others company :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment